Saturday, July 21, 2012

Because it's the small things that make me laugh

Example 1:
When coming up with a funny memory and laughing by yourself in front of others. Or laughing at a friend who is laughing at himself without knowing why he's even laughing. But it's the part where the sudden laugh out of random moments make things funny.
Case: Chris telling about his first (and last, according to him) bungee jump, where he stood there for 5 minutes, getting ready to back off, until a friend gave him a word of encouragement with a slap on his back. Feels like I'm seeing a drama happening at the back of my mind. We die a million times before we really die. Hehe. It includes those heart attack moments like doing extreme sports, looking down from the 17th floor when you're afraid of heights, all files suddenly deleted with important assignments in the thumbdrive, breaking something important of your Dad's and just waiting for him to find out before you're doomed. Yup, our lives are miraculously strange and cute and amazingly weird.

Example 2:
When asked to read from the lecture notes by heart, and realize that nothing's funny but yet still seems funny which makes it even funnier. Hmmm, I'm weird.
Case: Written Discourse class, where I read (the words underlined below) "And specialized technologies, and laying eggs." Misreading, my mind goes "Laying eggs?" I actually find making no sense out of the no sense funny =x .. I'm making no sense myself.


Very the cold, very the lame. Makes me think back Form 5 though, where Madam Chen (Is it Madam Chen? Or what was her name again? Crap) was giving an example of "He fell for her", where me and Chan bursted out laughing, taking the 'fell' word literally.

Example 3:
Comics =]
Case: Besides watching TV 8-11pm every night now, thanks to Astro on Demand and those Hong Kong drama (yay!), I hang on to Calvin and Hobbes everywhere. Being thankful to be the proud owner of 5 thick Calvin and Hobbes books, yeah, the script's hillarious x)

   
           

I feel lame for laughing at things that aren't suppose to be funny. I laugh at my lameless, and I laugh because I actually laughed, and am laughing =P

Last minute thought:
Memories of Films and Arts Appreciation with the Foundation people =D
Found a video, Youtube says its no longer available. Why??
So, well, the lyrics/cut off edited parts will do. Hmmm, still think that the original scene is funnier though =p


No comments: