Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ginger's first adventure in the rain

Like tweeted on the very day itself:
6 Feb
- Well, it's weird to just sit here, provided I was walking under the rain an hour ago looking for Ginger who was lost for a couple of hours.
- 30 minutes later when I started to lost hope and began my journey home, I heard her yelping, then her collar's bell was ringing.
- I ran towards that direction. Could still hear her but couldn't see her. Spun around awhile, and there she was right at my feet.
- Ginger found me.


It was 4.15pm where it was pouring rain.
I picked mom from work, and she made a joke in if Ginger ran out when we reached home, let her be.
We laughed, and we arrived home.
Dad was standing at the gate, with the rest of the 3 dogs all soaked and wet.
Apparently dad accidentally left the gate opened when he went for a haircut at 2pm.
Dad came back around 3pm and searched for these 4 dogs, and managed to find only 3 of them.

Ginger was still out there, in the rain.

I didn't care whether my jeans reached the ground, or whether I was wearing white.
I grabbed an umbrella, and went around neighborhood, calling out her name every 20 seconds.

It was freezing, and the roads were slippery, and being the non-athletic me, I was growing weary after more than 30 minutes.
I decided to go home with hopes of continuing the search when the rain stops.
But, it'd be dark.
But I couldn't do anything.

It was then when I heard a familiar whine.
I froze.
And I heard it again.

I turned around, ran towards the weak sound Ginger made and,
Nothing.

Then I heard her again.
Where could she be? I can't see anything.
Then I heard her bell ringing.
I looked around. Like in the movies, spinning 360 degree twice.
Then there she was, at my feet.

Where did she come from? Where was she hiding? Where was she?

Well, sometimes questions don't get answered.
She's safe now.
And still in the middle of being trained not to climb onto the table to drink water from our cups.

No comments: