Sunday, March 24, 2013

Wrote these in under 10 minutes as a class exercise the other day.
I'd say I'm proud of what I came out with, but more improvements to go!
Talk about the lack of knowledge I have in my head, that's limiting me...


The lack of humanity in the 21st century is disturbing. We see scenes where the society would leave animals in floods because human beings are more precious, and that animals are just animals.

What about the time where high-class society thinks that not being able to buy the latest season’s clothes is depressing, and where the beggars on the road are alright the way they live?

Hence, when humanity is shown today, it is immediately highlighted and it is seen as something unique. One small deed can turn out to be a heroic act where people would be in awe.

Like in the image shown, a traffic police is seen helping drivers who had their vehicles stuck on a flooded road. It is a small action done, but his actions speak louder than words.

He did not need to do what he did; he could just walk away and let drivers deal with the problem of moving their vehicles on their own. But he stayed. He is seen as a hero. Or, well, is he?

No comments: