Sunday, October 12, 2014

Take this letter

Dear Mr Right who came at the wrong time,

It's been 3 years.

I never know that a person can actually love someone for such a long time, especially when both have not been communicating at all for so long. Haven't been seeing you in a while, neither have I any news about you. How are you? Last saw you at convocation's briefing day and convocation day itself. With that small acknowledgement from you 12 weeks ago, it's good to know you've been great and planning on getting a Master's Degree. How I wish we could do more than just nod the other day.

Take me back to the past as I listen to "All Too Well"; the main reason why I don't want to suffer from amnesia. I wish I have a tangible something that reminds me of you. Left all movie tickets, gifts, photos and books on your shelf two Valentines ago, and it was nice knowing they were still there mid last year. It was nice. Though, sometimes I do wish I have more than just memories.

I'm more than happy (honestly, surprisingly) knowing you found a better half. She must be the luckiest girl around with you by her side during the best and worst. They all say I'm crazy, but someone once put some sense into this crazy mind that once went on full psycho ex-girlfriend mode, telling me "if you love me, you would let me go." Cliche, I know. But not unless you look at it differently.

Too many times I wanted to message you and ask you out, just to catch up on what's been new. Somehow, I'm good where we are. Memories are good this way. Guess I was never a good risk-taker, because I don't want things to be worse than how they are now. I miss you, yes. But I don't want to know the real you. The person I know will always be that special person around.

Don't catch me, but also don't forget about me ;) Take care.

PS: Guess what? I'm out in the dating game again. :p

No comments: