Sunday, June 16, 2013

More second chances

When I first heard about cell multiplying last month, I thought that the fishy Su Ean was only joking.

Then when I knew that cell was actually multiplying, I thought "Hey, it's not that bad. We're multiplied into 2 groups, but least we're still together...kinda in a way" when I saw that the Ben C clan and the Sueen clan were still gathered under the same roof.

Then yesterday, Jo Ng announced for the third time that this month will be the last month where we would be having cell together as one. It was the first time I heard it from the cell leader himself.

--------------------

I still remember how I first joined cell. It wasn't too long ago; it was just months ago.

On 12th October 2012 night, I was stressed, frustrated, upset and sad. I knew I couldn't concentrate on anything so I skipped piano class and went to find KJ. He was at HSG. Note that KJ had previously been asking me to join cell and I declined and declined, until that night, not only was KJ in HSG, so were the Subang Campus Carecell people.

It's funny how things work, and that everything just so happens to be right where they are at the specific timing? Like how Aaron Daniel puts it, "Think about it. There is a reason why you are where you are. You can be anywhere in this world, but you are here."

I remember on 12th October last year, I walked into the room with puffy eyes and super red cheeks. My hair was covering half my face and I was looking at the ground the whole time. But nobody judged. Instead they included me as I was a part of them.

We did a little introduction here and there, shared some fond memories of the past, and to share what were some of the good and bad decisions we made in life. I started tearing at the bad decisions part, and while everyone started giving a concern look, I thought they were judging.

As I was about to leave, I told myself "No way I'm coming back already with that bad first impression", but Laureen came up to me and gave me a hug. I haven't had a proper hug in months and it was one of the things I needed most. For once in a long time, I relaxed and let myself go, and that small act from this wonderful woman was only the beginning, for the first time in 12 months, where I allowed someone into this complicated life of mine and let them help me.

--------------------

I was able to leave my dark, gloomy days behind, and it was their friendliness, warm welcoming and genuine concerns where I went back to cell a second time, a third time, forth time, fifth time, sixth.

So back to 2013 today, next Friday will be the last day that we will be having cell as one group before the expansion in July.
Sure it had been quite emotional for me; I had no clue that this was a part of a life lesson telling me that life moves on. I didn't know that we were going to expand and to be multiplied into 2 groups. I just didn't know.
But on the contrary, better things await. Carecell's a place to expand so that people can reach out towards more people who needs the care, the hug, the love.

By multiplying, cell is able to do much more to make an impact in life.
By multiplying, cell is able to create chances and opportunities for people.
By multiplying, cell is able to bring more smile and happiness around.

So, am I sad that I'd be seeing Ben C's clan less? Yes.
But I'm also happy and excited to know that the future is good. I look forward to seeing more miracles happening, and more inspiration to be spread out there. And the current and ex-members? I'll guess I'll still be seeing them every here and there.

So, to the Subang Campus Carecell people, thank you for everything.
I wouldn't be where I am today without you guys.
Thank you for being a part of my life, and thank you for showing me that there's so much more to life.
No matter whether I've known you 800 years ago or only recently, you all are wonderful and fabulous.
I love you all :)



People missing in the pic: Laureen, Sarah Ann, Matthew, Nick Siew, Su Ean, Adrien

No comments: