Saturday, November 2, 2013

Take the lead again

A part time job was what I wanted to pass the time while earning some cash on this sem break, but when it's screwing up my meal time and curfew and sleeping hours, the mind gets a bit cacat and goes emotional, and I'm just left here thinking, what have I been doing not spending time with the dogs and the family?

It's been two weeks since I started part-time at the lab in OUG, and being one of the geeks, it has been fun. I mean, I'm meeting all these old and new geeks. I'm learning a lot; gaining lots of experiences; and holding back the urge to clean tables when I went back on my off day the other day. And if I were to go into the F&B industry one day, this would be a really nice touch-up to the resume.

But I guess everything comes with a price. The working hours are 4-11pm (where most of the time, we'd actually stay until 12am or so). It's nothing to do with any of the factors given from the lab; it's just me not being able to be immuned to what's given. I got cranky a lot because I have yet adjust to this new schedule.

And because of that, all the bad things come together. Something like, you attract more negative energy and will so happen to suddenly face all negative stuff when you're in a negative state of mind, then everything starts getting onto your nerves and when you can't handle them, you just break down?

Explains why I couldn't see the Takeover could be a huge turning point. Explains why the picture of people judging me came back to the thoughts at night. Explains why I'm expecting so so much from others when I shouldn't. Explains why I'm being so hard on myself.

How does the saying go? Something about, you can't have life suit you all the time, and that you need to suit yourself with life instead? Mehh, sem break has totally made my brain rot with all that laziness.

I guess I can still turn things around. To takeover, right? And it all starts with a strong immune system, healthy lifestyle and a healthy mindset? Crossing out the laziness, I think I can do this. But with Him, I know I can.

No comments: