Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Gone but will never be forgotten

It's been 98 days since Ah Gong's left us.
It's been 98 days where I truly believe that life is more than just a guy and settle down.
It's Ah Gong's passing that made me realize there's just so, so much more than just hiding away from the world.

I would believe that Ah Gong has taken most of the bad things away, leaving all the good stuff with us.
Sure we have our downs, but there had actually been more good news than bad ones the past 3 months.

Cousin Joey's gotten engaged (I think).
Cousin Kelvin's crush actually has a crush back on him!
Cousin Jojo has now become more independent, especially in terms of finding lunch after every school day (as the youngest grandchild, Ah Gong loves her the most, hence the do-everything-for-her including washing her school shoes and preparing breakfasts and lunches).
And sister Anni has finally gotten rid of that lalala boyfriend of hers. Oh, the joy!
Oh, and Dad's business is growing. Not to mention Mum is getting stronger every day.

And me? Ah Gong's given me back the confidence I've been lacking. So far, things hasn't been too bad. Ups and downs are surely around but at least today I know where I'm standing. I'm still on the way to achieving goals and dreams and on the way in deciding a greater path in life, but I know who I am and what I want.

In the end, whatever comes our way, Ah Gong will always be watching over us.
And if we aren't true and honest to ourselves, Ah Gong's gonna find us and scold us through our dreams.


< Picture taken in 2009 on Ah Gong's birthday!
He used to always say that we're never sincere in remembering his birthday, always telling us "YESTERDAY was my birthday and nobody remembered!", when the fact was he was the one that kept changing the date of his birthday every year LOL
(Oh, his IC does no help because the DOB of his birth cert is unidentified, hence the IC's date is, yeah, of no help.)
And his 3 daughters? Nah, I think his 6 grandchildren remember more things than the 3 aunties :p

No comments: