Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cannot brain now. Mind the topic. What topic?

The brain has never before been screaming "sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" so consistently for quite some time, especially after those 4 months of holiday that only had fun, fun and more and fun running around, waking up at the dawn of noon and sorts like that.

Actually, the brain had squealed about sleep only that once in June 2013, where I was juggling with 3 assignments, squash, Mice and Mystics, and folding over 1000 stars for cell multiplication. That week was the worst, and I still wonder why I even put myself into such situation in the first place when there weren't any deadlines to entertainments.

Then there's now. There's just so much to do with so little energy.

I've started my internship on Monday, a 9am-6pm magazine job at Midvalley. Now imagine the jam, which practically leaves me stepping out the house at 7.15am and only returning to home sweet home 12 hours later. Then there's dinner, and to wash up, and to write on that intern report, and a little time for TAWG, some movies and social network, and that only leaves me just enough time to get just enough rest. Work hadn't been a breeze either, with tons of reading and referencing and writing to do for 9 hours.

That's a huge change compared to the holiday, where I only eat, sleep, play and repeat the whole process, and how much I've gotten used to that lazy lifestyle.

Just the past 4 days itself had been crazy, compiling work and pleasure together.

Wednesday had me go alongside a colleague to an event after work. I only reached home at 11pm that night, followed with a photo shoot that starts at 9am in Bangsar the next day.

Thursday's photo session went on for hours, and even though I was given the luxury to go home at 3pm, the jam had me reach home at 5.30pm, where the next few hours had me working on my report until my brain could brain anymore. (The changed the whole format for the report!)

Friday was crazier, with a movie marathon that lasted from 2pm to 11.30pm at Sueen's, watching the extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, with 2 hours of dinner break in between. We almost stayed overnight to finish The Return of the King but decided to leave the last 4 hours for another day.

The Lord of the Rings has been a very deep movie, but with Jo and Matthew explaining everything to you, how can you not finish off the trilogy? Just look at that face.
*fan girl moment*

Of course the lack of sleep wasn't and isn't helping, and up I was at 1pm today, finishing off the last episode of HK drama Return of the Silver Tongue and completing the last touch of whatever there can be written for that intern report.

Tomorrow's gonna be another day with some family plans and Chan's birthday dinner before returning to work on Monday and repeat that 12 hours thing outside. This adult life, I'm really gonna need to get used to if I want to juggle everything together. And did I mention the need to spend some time with the dogs? Nooooooooooooo.

But all in all, this busy schedule has been a good thing. Though complaining, I love how I am placed exactly where I am, where sleep has become top on my what-I-want-to-do list. I don't have time to think of the emptiness that haunts inside, or how the crush is doing and I-wanna-see-him-ahhhhhhh kind of thinking, not that I do so desperately. I don't. But it does prevent any of those thoughts :p

Still, God is good, for He has opened and is still opening my eyes to some stuff, which that I'll leave it to another day. And yes, it's worth mentioning about. But now, this post has taken up so much time, I think I'm gonna crash anytime.......

No comments: