Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tickling time

Yes. Tickling.

I watch as the time on the desktop displays 4:30 PM, and done are all the short snippets, with a lot a lot a lot of editing to do by the editor later on. And here I was last Thursday worrying I couldn't meet the deadline. Now here I am thinking what am I going to do from 9-6pm tomorrow and the day after that?

Since my first day here, time had pretty much been spent on writing, writing and writing; most of the time I'm blanking out and trying to brain in what was actually being written on. Much to learn; more to learn. If I had used the past 85 minutes wisely, I could have gotten more sneak peak of their writing skills here. Then that dreadful lazy side kicks in, devilishly whispering you don’t need to write about this, yet. Thanks a lot. But on the bright side, I’m keener on reading now. I used to just look at words. Guilty.

Reading isn't just reading, and the last 85 minutes were spent going through unread posts from Jo Ng. Nah, it's not a waste of time at all. I just want to know what happens next in Train. Was trying to hold in laughing in the office. And then, it just stops at Chapter 3. What.

But anyway, really, a hands up to these amateur-turned-professional writers, and these senior writers in the office, just as much as to any writers out there, who has all spent so much time doing what they do. Putting words onto a blank sheet of paper isn't a piece of cake, though we actually did have moist chocolate cake today from Hilton alongside other CNY treats, because writing doesn't come easy.

No comments: