Sunday, August 4, 2013

What's graduating like?

Today marks the last class of the semester, my final semester.
So the 7 of us decided to celebrate this day with lunch at Marco's Pizza.
Previously, we received a cash voucher of RM150 for the best presentation in Branding class.
So why not?

Had we any idea the place was located right opposite of Kelana Jaya LRT Station, we would have just taken the train instead of driving 2 cars, being stuck in the jam for an hour, passing through tolls and being trolled by the GPS.

All in all, everything turned out great. We ordered 3 large pizzas, 4 soups and a drink each, which in total costed RM200. We kinda looked up the RM150 voucher a little too much.

Lunch went on for 2 hours, where we just talked and ate and talked. Madagascar 3 was shown on the television there, where we (were just being super awesome the way we were and) just sat there watching the movie like little kids. We made ourselves at home and literally laughed out loud at the restaurant.

More plans had been made for hang out sessions before most of them start their internship in September.

***

I would say, things had been crazy.
This hadn't exactly been the best week yet but it hadn't been the worst either. Today made it up.
I would definitely miss being a UCSI student where I get to walk in and out of classes with wonderful course mates.
Honestly, we all have regrets in life, and I would look back and always ask myself why I hadn't been hanging out with these people more, where I laid my priorities on something else that wasn't worthwhile for so long before this. (I'd only been getting close and started hanging out with them only this year.)
But we work along these regrets, where we learn from them and try our best not to repeat them, for I would always value the times these people had included me in their gatherings and social life.

There are still 2 more assignments that need to be handed in via email next week, and one final paper on the 14th August, and of course there's still a 4-month internship period to go next year. But, it's not the same anymore.
I don't have classes anymore. I don't need to go for consultations or work on anymore tutorials.
I wouldn't need to fork out so much money to print on colour'ed assignments or have to stress on redoing any written reports. I'm kinda in a way done as a Uni student.
I've kinda in a way graduated already. Not yet but it feels like it.

Even though there were lots of drama happening with lots of gossips around, and all the stressful works given, this last semester had been the best semester. 10 semesters had gone, leaving one more to go (for internship). Convocation next year will then be another story.

We've been looking forward to completing Degree for so long, and now that it's here, it's actually here.
I haven't even graduate, and I'm missing life as a student already. Mehh.
Life moves on though, and it's kinda cool too that I'm moving on to the next stage in life.

I'll miss it but better things come to those who move and walk forward.
Everything that's going on right now may seem like the perfect place to stay in right now, but for how long?
Comfort zones need to be pushed out from and time doesn't wait.
We seize the opportunity and when the time permits, it's time.
I'll miss UCSI times, but even better things await.

As for those who are still stuck in UCSI for another semester or another year to go (especially in Mass Comm course), Oooooomygosh. Good luck, because with all the changes made in the past 2 years, you'll be needing it a lot more than you think.

Signing off at 1.15am.
Good night!

No comments: