Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's resolution

If I had made any New Year's resolutions at any given year, it'd be "to be happy always".
But of course if I kept that resolution,you would see me smiling all year long 24/7, and you know you would have to send me to Tanjung Rambutan asap.
Though on 31 December 2012, I did sort of made more than just the usual.

"In 2013, I will make at least one new friend every month."

It was a big deal back then. You see, I had no goals or purposes in life. I didn't believe in love or true friendship. You could tell how dark my days were, still crying every night and was practically dead after a really boring internship programme for two months.
Meeting new people was actually the last thing I wanted to do.
But somehow, deep down there was just this light and a whisper.
And that led me to making the resolution.

We tend to break resolutions easily, right?
But what happens when a part of you becomes just aligned to it, where just months later after new year's eve, from that super introvert girl, you become this confident extrovert woman?
That was no ordinary light, nor was it some random whisper going through my head.

So 2014 is coming, and it comes the time where old-tradition people like me are doing the ol' resolution thing again.

Nobody does this resolution thing anymore, and no one takes these seriously.
But what if you really want to see a difference in the coming 365 days, and that you really put in the time and effort in it?
It's hard to say.
I guess they may be more old-traditioned people out there but me.

So raise a glass and here's to a new year. Cheers.
May 2014 be the year for huge successes and for dreams to come true, for broken hearts to be mended and goals to be achieved, and that it'd be the year for everyone.

"In 2014, I will be happy always."

"In 2014, I will do at least one thing that I've never done before every month."

No comments: