Wednesday, December 11, 2013

You are who you mix with

And because of that, I love hanging out with the HSG people.

I'm not trying to imply that it's because they're religious or something; but it's because they talk about the future. They talk about ambitions and what they see themselves doing in years' time. But not just the talking, they make it happen, by setting goals in life and trying to reach out to achieve their dreams. Some are doing it; some are on the way. Anyhow, it's miraculous to see the journey they are on to success.

A lot of people out there are working 9-5pm daily earning hundreds or thousands, but too often ask themselves, "What am I doing with my life?" I don't want to be that person.

I admit that I've been stuck here awhile, seemingly going no where for awhile. (I guess mainly it's because I've been with people who are just talking about assignments due next week and what are the fun things to do right here right now). Life is short and enjoy it; yes. But there's also a time where people need to grow up. Stay young but also, grow up. A long holiday isn't as fun as it seems to be. I want to head somewhere, and heading no where with no extra knowledge in mind (mind's been a huge blank for weeks), it's scary.

The past few years had everything figured out, especially when it's just education from kinddie, elementary, secondary to college. Homework, school activities and projects were the reason behind that major burnout. But it's a bigger picture now, in what you want to do. Career has never been more a bigger word. (It's not just a job. It's life. Your whole life for the next few decades.)

I've tried various part time jobs in order to gain experiences, but none of them were meant to accompany me for long. I wouldn't want to stay in a boutique shop just selling clothes for 20 years, neither do I want to just stay as a part-time staff hopping around. I dream of something bigger.

I'm struggling; yes. But I'll know what I want and I'll work towards that.

No comments: